Your Source For Food Safety Certification Training in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
ServSafe® Manager Certification Courses and Proctored Certification Examinations
One Day Training Class – ServSafe® Manager Certification
- 8 hours classroom instruction by a National Restaurant Association Certified Instructor (after 8 hours minimum home study)
- Course text book – mailed to you in advance
- Certification exam conducted by a National Restaurant Association Registered Examination Proctor
- Resources and training materials
One day training classes start promptly at 8:00 AM and instruction ends approximately 3:30 pm. The certification exam immediately follows the course instruction
Online Training Class – ServSafe® Manager Certification
- Convenient online ServSafe Manager Certification course delivered directly to your e-mail inbox
- 90 days to complete online course
- Online certification exam conducted by a National Restaurant Association Registered Examination Proctor at your location or a location convenient to you that has wifi capabilities
- Immediate examination results
Food Safety Certification
The Food Employee Certification Act, 3 Pa C.S.A. 6501 – 6510, as amended, requires one supervisory employee per food facility to become certified in food safety and sanitation by taking a nationally recognized food manager certification exam and obtaining a National Certificate of Completion. National exams are those that have been approved by the Conference of Food Protection.
The Act does not require the certified person to be on premises during all hours of business, but does require that they be available during all hours of operation. When in the facility, the certified supervisory employee is the Person-in-Charge (PIC). A person may only serve as the certified manager for one (1) licensed facility. New establishments will have 90 days to comply with the Act. Existing establishments that are not in compliance have 3 months from the date of turnover or loss to comply. Certification is valid for 5 years from date of exam and re-certification is required every five years thereafter.
ServSafe® is a nationally accredited agency that has been recognized by the Conference for Food Protection as conforming to the Conference for Food Protection Standards for Accreditation of Food Protection Manager Certification Program. The certificate must be posted in the facility in view of the public.